Next Monthly Meeting is : Unknown, but whenever the Covid-19 threat is over we will reconvene
Time: 7 pm
Location: Beban Park, Meeting Room 2
Skills Committee and Training Opportunities:
Upcoming: Skills workshops have unfortunately been cancelled until further notice.
Next Major Event: Most events currently cancelled. Check Meetup for those in the future that may go ahead.
Ongoing: Follow Meetup for spring paddles
Hints to Make Paddling Life Easier and Safer (in normal times). Right now distance between people is important.
We all help each other out loading and carrying our boats to and from cars. Some boats are heavier than others, and some people are stronger than others. To make sure everyone goes home injury free, please make sure that your hatches are empty and everything is taken off your boat before you let someone else help you carry it. It also helps to check your hatches to make sure there is no water inside. That also adds weight.
When carrying a loaded boat always use more four people and use straps if available. Loaded kayaks are not meant to be carried solely by the handles at each end.
Many of our events are popular, and space is limited, so it is important that everyone who signs up, attends as promised.
- Signing up for an event is a commitment to attend.
- Before you sign up for an event, check your schedule carefully to make sure you are able to attend.
- If something comes up and you cannot attend, go into the event on Meetup and take your name off the list immediately.
- If you are wait-listed, monitor the event and see where you are on the wait-list. If you make other plans take your name off the wait-list.
- Last minute cancellations are unfair to other members who wanted to attend.
- No shows are listed on your profile and are viewed negatively.
If you know of an upcoming event that you think our membership would be interested in hearing about, please email email@example.com so we can include it in the next e-newsletter.
President: Julie Bettney,
Vice President: Ron Everard
Treasurer: Kim Barrington
Secretary: Judy Martin
Membership Chair: Kathleen McKinnell
Directors: Susan Gueulette, Janene Gray, Brad Wipp, Susie Youle
For current members' contact information changes and inquiries about membership
For general comments and suggestions
To submit Interac email money transfer (e-transfer) payment of your membership fee or for other money questions.
Skills and Education: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hosting Committee: email@example.com