We all help each other out loading and carrying our boats to and from cars. Some boats are heavier than others, and some people are stronger than others. To make sure everyone goes home injury free, please make sure that your hatches are empty and everything is taken off your boat before you let someone else help you carry it. It also helps to check your hatches to make sure there is no water inside. That also adds weight.
When carrying a loaded boat always use more four people and use straps if available. Loaded kayaks are not meant to be carried solely by the handles at each end.
Many of our events are popular, and space is limited, so it is important that everyone who signs up, attends as promised.
- Signing up for an event is a commitment to attend.
- Before you sign up for an event, check your schedule carefully to make sure you are able to attend.
- If something comes up and you cannot attend, go into the event on Meetup and take your name off the list immediately.
- If you are wait-listed, monitor the event and see where you are on the wait-list. If you make other plans take your name off the wait-list.
- Last minute cancellations are unfair to other members who wanted to attend.
- No shows are listed on your profile and are viewed negatively.