Nanaimo Paddlers is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our members and to supporting provincial health orders related to COVID-19.
As such, all club paddles and in-person events -- and all club members attending such paddles and events -- are subject to our COVID-19 Guidelines for Club Paddles and In-Person Activities. Further, all in-person skills and training activities hosted by the club this season are subject to our COVID-19 Policy for 2022 Training Activities. Both protocols are provided below.
Members are reminded to review and adhere to these protocols, and to remain vigilant in upholding the recommended COVID-19 safe practices when participating in club activities and events.
COVID-19 Guidelines for Club Paddles and In-Person Activities
The following guidelines apply to hosted club paddles, social events and other in-person club activities. The guidelines were last updated by the Nanaimo Paddlers Board of Directors on April 11, 2023.
Regarding in-person outdoor off-water activities, there is currently no limit to the number of participants permitted, except at the host(s)' discretion.
Regarding in-person indoor activities, there is currently no limit to the number of participants permitted, except at the host(s)' discretion.
Regarding in-person on-water activities there is currently no limit to the number of participants permitted, except at the host's discretion..
For all activities above, the following guidelines apply:
- Only members who have received two doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least two weeks prior to the event date may participate in club paddles or other in-person events.
- If you are feeling sick for any reason you must stay home from any club event until symptoms are not longer present.
- If you have tested positve for Covid or have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid you must stay home from any club events until 5 days have passed and symptoms no longer present
- Mask use is optional.
Thank you for your support and cooperation in this matter, and stay safe.
COVID-19 POLICy for 2022 Club Training Activities
The following policy applies to club-administered skills and training activities for the 2022 season. This policy was approved by the Nanaimo Paddlers Board of Directors on April 11th, 2023..
All external providers engaged by Nanaimo Paddlers for instructional clinics must:
- Be operating according to the COVID-19 protocol of their industry.
- Provide financial opt-out or cancellation clauses for the club in the event that COVID-19 necessitates cancellation of all/part of planned programming.
All instructors engaged by Nanaimo Paddlers for in-person training sessions must be up-ro-date on their vaccinations and boosters.
All participants in in-person training programs must abide by the Nanaimo Paddlers COVID-19 Guidelines for Club Paddles and In-Person Activities, as detailed above on this page.
Note: This Policy is subject to change as per provincial COVID health orders.