Nanaimo Paddlers is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our members and to supporting provincial health orders related to COVID-19.
As such, all club paddles and in-person events -- and all club members attending such paddles and events -- are subject to our COVID-19 Guidelines for Club Paddles and In-Person Activities. Further, all in-person skills and training activities hosted by the club this season are subject to our COVID-19 Policy for 2022 Training Activities. Both protocols are provided below.
Members are reminded to review and adhere to these protocols, and to remain vigilant in upholding the recommended COVID-19 safe practices when participating in club activities and events.
COVID-19 Guidelines for Club Paddles and In-Person Activities
The following guidelines apply to hosted club paddles, social events and other in-person club activities. The guidelines were last updated by the Nanaimo Paddlers Board of Directors on May 9, 2022.
Regarding in-person outdoor off-water activities, there is currently no limit to the number of participants permitted, except at the host(s)' discretion.
Regarding in-person indoor activities, no such activities are permitted at this time.
Regarding in-person on-water activities (excepting clinics, which are dealt with below), a maximum of 10 paddlers including the host/s may attend club paddles. Hosts may set a lower number of attendees for their paddles to a minimum of 3 paddlers.
For all activities above, the following guidelines apply:
- Only members who have received two doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least two weeks prior to the event date may participate in club paddles or other in-person events.
- Members who have a confirmed or presumed case of COVID-19 must stay away from club paddles and other in-person events for 5 days and until their symptoms are improved and they no longer have a fever.
- Paddlers who have been in close contact with someone who has a presumed or confirmed case of COVID-19 must stay away from club paddles and other in-person events for 5 days after contact and self-monitor for symptoms
- Mask use is optional.
Thank you for your support and cooperation in this matter, and stay safe.
COVID-19 POLICy for 2022 Club Training Activities
The following policy applies to club-administered skills and training activities for the 2022 season. This policy was approved by the Nanaimo Paddlers Board of Directors on December 13, 2021.
All external providers engaged by Nanaimo Paddlers for instructional clinics must:
- Be operating according to the COVID-19 protocol of their industry.
- Provide financial opt-out or cancellation clauses for the club in the event that COVID-19 necessitates cancellation of all/part of planned programming.
All instructors engaged by Nanaimo Paddlers for in-person training sessions must be double-vaccinated.
- Each instructor must provide Nanaimo Paddlers with proof of his or her vaccination passport, confirming that he or she has received two doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine, at least two weeks prior to the clinic date.
All in-person clinics provided by Nanaimo Paddlers must:
- Be limited to a maximum of 8 participants (not including instructors).
- Require participants to wear personal protective equipment (e.g., masks) for activities that require people to be within 6 feet (2 metres) of others.
- Give participants the option to opt out of activities that require people to be within 6 feet (2 metres) of others.
All participants in in-person training programs must abide by the Nanaimo Paddlers COVID-19 Guidelines for Club Paddles and In-Person Activities, as detailed above on this page.
Note: This Policy is subject to change as per provincial COVID health orders.