The Hosting Committee Chair provides overall leadership to our wonderful trip hosts and serves as a key point of contact for club members and the Board of Directors on matters related to hosting. Please find a detailed description of the position below.
If you are interested in taking on this position or have questions, please contact club President Julie Bettney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nanaimo Paddlers Hosting Committee Chair - Position Description
(Updated: July 5, 2021)
The Hosting Committee Chair provides overall leadership to trip hosts and serves as the point of contact for club members and the board of directors on hosting related matters.
The Hosting Chair shall:
- Encourage participation of present hosts and help recruit/approve new hosts.
- Establish a current list of hosts and host mentors on an annual basis.
- Maintain, update and distribute all documents related to hosting as needed.
- Encourage hosts to remain within club standards and parameters of hosting as stated in the Nanaimo Paddlers Hosting Handbook.
- Submit short updates of activities to the Board of Directors for the regular monthly meetings and to club members for the Annual General Meeting.
- Respond to emails sent via email@example.com.
- Coordinate and/or set up support activities for the group such as orientation sessions for new hosts, skills development workshops and host appreciation events. (Optional)