CLUB PADDLES REOPEN MARCH 16, 2021
Public Health Officials in Nanaimo have confirmed that club hosted paddles are permitted as long as we adhere to our Covid-19 Guidelines for Paddling. Therefore, with the recently announced relaxation of some restrictions, the Board of Directors has decided to restart club paddles effective March 16/21.
All paddlers are reminded to review and adhere to the Covid-19 Paddling Guidelines listed below. It is up to every club member to remain vigilant in upholding the recommended Covid-19 safe practices when participating in club paddles.
Nanaimo Paddlers Covid-19 Guidelines – March 16/21
- Paddles should minimize the likelihood of adverse conditions.
- The number of permitted paddlers is solely at the host’s discretion, but in no event shall it exceed more than 8, including the host.
- Face masks should be used if distancing requirements cannot be met at any time.
- Avoid carpooling.
- Use hand sanitizer on a regular basis.
- Maintain an appropriate social distance when assisting other members in transporting, loading, and unloading kayaks.
- Carry their own gear.
- Enter and exit their kayak without assistance.
- Maintain minimum 2-3 meter distance from others.
- Before and after the paddle
- during launchings and landing.
- while on the water, unless involved in a rescue.
- during breaks on and off the water
- Not congregate before or after the paddle.